Please consider supporting me by using this Amazon referral link

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Effects of a light source on color

I had been frustrated for the last few months because my camera was taking lousy photos of my kits. For the longest while I thought it was an issue with the camera, or the color balancing, or something I had screwed with.

But after getting some very helpful advice from the people over on r/photo I discovered it was the light source! I had been using a 'full spectrum' CFL bulb, but apparently it's spectrum wasn't really complete. I've now switched over to a set of 100W halogen bulbs and the photos are back to looking normal. 

Here's a comparison of the new and old bulbs

New:



  Old: 





Hit the bump to see more comparrison images!

New:


 

Old: 



New:



Old: 


 

New:

  

 

Old: 



New:



 Old: 



New:



Old: 



New:

 

 

Old: