HG Gundam F91



Introduction:

I realize that this is a little late for 2019, however, it’s better late than never! Guss Submitted this modified HG F91 for the fourth Collab round of 2019. If you’re unfamiliar with the Collab concept, it’s a collaboration I run for my Patrons. I run the collab four times a year. Once the kit is painted I ship it back to my collaboration partner along with a little thank you gift.

Like every collab, I really didn’t have a plan for this model’s paint scheme until it arrived.


Kit Talk:

There isn’t much to say about this model since my collab partner GunplaGuss handled the construction and modification. Like always I leave all the sanding and cleanup to my collab partner. Once the kit arrived I stripped it down and gave the kit a thorough cleaning before starting the painting and priming process.

A couple of constructive criticism points for Guss, (and anyone else interested in learning). When you fuse parts, make sure you sand them thoroughly afterward. The fused line should be level with the surrounding plastic. I noticed a fingerprint left during the gluing process, you can sand them out after the plastic has cured. Otherwise, good job!

The color scheme I went with was more of a slight color swap than anything else. Guss asked for purple, and originally I started with a mixture of lavender and light blue, however, I wasn’t happy with the color. I repainted these parts with a mixture of lavender, light blue, and violet. The resulting color is a ‘blurply, bluey, periwinkle’.

This kit required a lot of masking for all of the yellow color apps. The F91 features many of these vents on the shoulders, forearms, waist and legs. They do a decent job of breaking up the steel white. I chose neutral gray #5 for a darker inner-frame color. Along with the masking, this required a lot of hand brushed black paint.

If you’d like to support me (and participate in future collab projects) you can join my group of supports over on Patreon.com!

Photos:
















Comments

  1. Hey, Dan! I've been struggling with the vents on this HG F91 and it has stalled my momentum on this build. How do you get the clean separation between the orange lips and the black interiors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Airbrush the yellow/orange with lacquer and hand paint the black with water based acrylic like vallejo, then before the paint sets just rub off anything on the orange/yellow that doesn't belong there.

      Delete
  2. That is a great work

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment