MG Zaku 2.0 WIP pt 4

I spent a lot of time last night hand brushing a variety of details onto various parts of the kit.




For the various minor pot marks I used a mixture of grey and black enamel paints to fill in the damaged areas. You'll also notice that I continued the damaged behind the part.





The darkened color surrounding the pot mark creates a 'bruised' effect.



Once the black and grey mixture dried I started dry brushing with a silver chrome enamel paint.



Once the silver paint dried completely I went back and dry brushed these same pieces again with the grey black mixture to tone down the silver.



I used the edge of the brush to highlight some of the edges with silver. I used this effect sparingly.



While I had the silver out, I painted every part that looks like a piston on the inner frame and the cable on the backside of the heat hawk. I realize that the vast majority of the pistons will not be visible on the finished model.



The kit received a mixed black and grey panel line.





I will begin to decal this kit tonight. However I will also need to stop working on the kit soon. I ordered about a half dozen parts from Gentei kits. I ordered shoulder and waist parts from the Shin Matsunaga Zaku, and an additional Heat Hawk.

Once I have all of these additional parts painted and lined I will begin to apply washes and weathering pastels.

Comments