Please consider supporting me by using this Amazon referral link

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

MG GNX Complete


The MG GNX is one of those kits that doesn't get any love. All of this despite of being a modern kit with a rather unique design. Although I know many people will disagree with my opinion, I think the GNX ranks right up there with the Sinanju in terms of coolness. To me both kits have the 'streamlined, high performance' machine vibe to them.

I built my first GNX right around the time I reentered the hobby a few years ago. It was the second or third kit I painted fully, stripped and repainted. That kit was eventually sold off to help pay for Grad school, and ever since then I've regretted selling it. 

The MG GNX is a kit that I feel like I'll revisit a few more times. But my hope is that Bandai might release some limited runs of the successor kits like; Advanced GNXT , GNX-612T/AA Supervia or GNXII. We've already seen some of these kits as Robot Damashi, it wouldn't be too hard to conceive Bandai might due a special edition kit of one...

This kit is based on Keita's Masterpiece GNX although mine does not come close to his original.

This paint scheme is all about contrast: matte and gloss, metallic and solid, neutral and bold. The metallic is a custom mix of Alcad's gold titanium, duralinium and steel. The clear purple is 047 from gaia notes over a coat of duralinium. 

Hit the bump for the full photo shoot!


Photos:














Poses:

This is not a commission kit; so onto the posing!



GN Rifle Mode





GN Long Rifle Mode





Ground pose one handed



And two handed





Ariel Poses:



Tonight, You