This is a quick an dirty update for the MG Tallgeese II commission I've been working on for a while. Originally this was going to be in a video format, but I got so wrapped up in working on this kit lately I haven't had the time!
At this point the vast majority of the parts have been painted. I have maybe 30-40 grey pieces primed and on skewers waiting for a coat of Mr. Hobby's Neutral Grey.
The weather has been my primary limiting factor lately. I paint indoors using a spray booth, however I still need to leave some of the windows of my apartment open for ventilation. This winter has been unseasonably bad with temperatures hovering around or below 0 F (-17 C) and dipping as low as -25 F (31 C) with a wind chill for long periods of time!
Despite the poor weather the paints have still been spraying well.
I have begun to create some basic assemblies for certain parts. Although at this stage it's mostly to see how the colors are working together.
The thruster bells on this kit were painted with two separate colors inside and out. The interiors are start bright silver and the exteriors are star bright iron. I really like the effect of this lends to the kit; because the silver creates a high contrast 'lip' where the two colors meet that really draws your attention.
Painting the interior of the shield is an easy way to detail up your Tallgeese. I used this same trick on my MG Tallgeese, and it only takes a bit of patients and some masking tape around the edges and over the holes to accomplish.
Another easy way to detail up this kit is to notch the pegs that show through various parts of the armor. I briefly discussed this technique in my last WIP video. here I've highlighted the panel line with some black to bring out the detail.
Not going to lie, masking and painting the 'mohawk' was a pain in the butt. Looks good though!
Hope you enjoyed the WIP! This kit should be completed within the next two weeks. Then it's onto the last part of this 4 part commission the MG Banshee ver. Ka (30% removed from the runners already).