Weekend WIP RX 78-2 3.0

Now here's something I haven't done in a while; a Weekend WIP. We've had a beautiful run of weather in my region over the last week, sunny skies and temperatures in the high 60s to low 70s (perfect painting weather in my opinion). It should be no surprise then that I've managed to get off my butt and get some painting done.

This is my first time building the RX 78-2 3.0 and I have to say it's a lovely detailed and complex model, but it's also fiddly and has way more parts that I would consider appropriate for a 1/100 model. This kit is currently about 30% painted.



I started by painting the frame the inner most areas are Star Bright Iron and the more outer structural components are Neutral Gray. I wanted to have a contrast of colors where-ever the armor splits to reveal the frame.


Aside from the frame I've finished the two different blue colors, some Star Bright Brass for the joint details and thruster interiors and I've started to paint some of the details of the kit by hand with gold enamel.






I even used a tooth pick to paint the little screen this section of the core fighter.

Comments