HG Unicorn Gundam [Unicorn Mode]


Kit Talk:

I cannot believe I have made it so far into my Gunpla "career" without building this model. The HG Unicorn (Unicorn Mode) is a model I can easily suggest as a first kit to a newcomer. The predominately white body will hid nub marks well, and the overall appearance can quickly be improved with a few swipes of a panel lining marker. Additionally, the kit hides its seam lines well and it has a good range of articulation for all sorts of poses.

For my take on the kit I knew from the beginning that I wanted to apply the Katoki decal scheme to make the previous MG Unicorns and Banshees I have completed in the past. I was able to locate an official HG decal pack for this kit from ModelGrade.net and they still have some packs in stock!

If you like my work and would like to help me out consider purchasing this and other kits from Amazon using this link or others featured on my site. Every purchase helps me out considerably and it doesn't cost you a dime!

 

If you like my work and would like to help me out, consider purchasing this and other kits from Amazon using this link or others featured on my site. Every purchase helps me out considerably and it doesn't cost you a dime! 
 
Hit the bump for the full photo shoot


Photos

360














Armaments











Interestingly the HG Unicorn (Destroy Mode) does not come with beam effect parts. Considering each mode version of the design includes only 1 of the 2 'main' weapons it seems pretty clear Bandai intended for you to purchase both versions of the mode for the "full"

Comparison Photos



Even though the GP01fb is a larger generic UC Gundam it still stands slightly shorter that the Unicorn in it's Unicorn form.



Next to it's larger contemporary the Byarlant Custom it looks tiny. 



The MG is widely consider the Unicorn to get. However between the instability of the model and it's somewhat odd proportions I prefer the look of the HG. 

Poses










Comments