HG Qubeley Revive



Introduction:

Until a few months ago I really didn't care for 99% of the designs to come out of the Zeta era. But for some reason something "clicked" inside of my brain and I decided to build a Qubeley. I'm really satisfied that I gave this kit a shot. It's a wonderful, well thought-out build and it looks fantastic.

Kit Talk:

Due to the unusual mechanical design of the Qubeley with its sweeping gentle curves I decided that a glossy paint job would be best. I contrasted the gloss pearl of the white, blue and florescent pink with a matte purple and neutral grey color which play off of each other well. I kept modifications to a minimum and focused on fusing the seam lines on the legs, feet and shoulders.

I really love the pearl finish that Mr. Crystal Color Diamond left on the white and pink parts, But I think the silver flecks in the pearl may have detracted a bit from the blue. Mr. Crystal colors can be purchased in a variety of different colors but I only had the diamond on hand for this project.

Colors I used:

White: Mr Color GX White + cover with Mr. Crystal Color Diamond
Grey: Mr. Color Neutral Grey
Pink: Mr. Color Florescent Pink Mr. Crystal Color Diamond
Blue: Gundam Color Blue Mr. Crystal Color Diamond
Purple: Mr. Color Purple + Red and Pink (I don't remember the ratios)




If you like my work and you want to help support me, then consider purchasing from the Amazon links on my blog or by clicking this link. Every purchase you make helps me out tremendously and it doesn't cost you a dime!





Photos:














Detail Photos:







I REALLY wish that Bandai includes stands for the funnels. They're such an iconic feature of this design.



Action poses:









I don't have any other Zeta kits in my collection right now, so Amuro's White Unicorn Zeta needs to stand in for Kamile.

Comments