HG Nu Gundam White Unicorn Custom


Introduction: 

A while ago I started kicking around an idea for a collaborative build project. I started telling patrons about the idea on the monthly live streams. And, after receiving some positive feedback I decided to move forward with the project.

I put an open call out for submissions a few weeks ago; and I received a great response!

This kit was submitted to me by Patron Andy, Thanks Andy!

If this sounds like an interesting idea, and you want to participate in future collabs you can sign up as a Patron at any time! For now, I am planning to continue the GoodGuyCollab Project by accepting at least 3 more collaborations in 2018.

Kit Talk: 

This kit was sent to me already completely built. The builder Andy did an excellent job preparing this kit for the Collab by: fusing seam lines, modifying parts and making this easy to disassemble.


The inspiration for this kit came from the Zeta 3 Amuro's 'White Unicorn' custom color scheme. I really like the colors on this scheme, I just wish that he continued to use them throughout the remainder of his appearances! I enhanced this color scheme with many hand painted details such as painted pistons in the knees, white piping at the back of the knees, details on the fin funnels and backpack and the sensors.

The HG Nu Gundam is an older design. Many of the molded details on the calfs, and side skirts were left very shallow, and frustrating to mask and paint. Despite this, the kit has generally good color separation, proportions, and flexibility.

If you like my work and would like to help me out, consider purchasing this and other kits from Amazon using this link or others featured on my site. Every purchase helps me out considerably and it doesn't cost you a dime!

Photos:












I chose to mask a very stylized 'A' onto the shield and shoulder.


The interior of the shield has plenty of detail that can be highlighted.















I added Pla-Plate to the front skirts, because they'd be blank otherwise.




Pla-plate was added to the top of the shield as well.







Comments