RG Unicorn Gundam Ver. TWC [Lighting Model]


Introduction: 

Have you been to Odaiba? Have you seen the 1:1 Unicorn in person? I haven’t, but with this little guy in my collection, I feel like I have a little piece of that experience in my own home.

This kit (unsurprisingly) is mostly the RG Unicorn with a new inner frame, some translucent white psycho frame parts and a series of LEDs. As a result, you end up with a lot of leftover spare parts for kitbashing for replacements.

The assembly and wiring of this kit are very straight forward and the LEDs are wired into a flexible frame so there is no wire management needed. Everything just sort of ‘works’ with little effort. My one critique of this kit is that I really wish the LEDs produced a cool green instead of this warm yellow/green color we have.


Kit Talk:

There isn’t much to say about the Unicorn at this point. I’ve built so many of them that I could assemble one blindfolded.

One thing I was a bit disappointed by was that this kit didn’t include a set of water slide decals. This version of the Unicorn, of course, has a different decal scheme, and I couldn’t find an acceptable set of 3rd party waterslides to duplicate the 1:1 Unicorn. Instead, I fell back on the classic Katoki decal scheme by way of the HG decal set.

Color Guide:


White: Gaiacolor White
Blue: Gaiacolor Ultra Blue mixed with Cobalt Blue
Grey: Gaiacolor Neutral Gray 4 mixed with Neutral Gray 5
Yellow: Gaiacolor Sunshine Yellow
Metal: Gaiacolor Gunmetal

Photos:





































Comments

  1. How did you paint the V-Fin? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paint the one side yellow, mask that side and paint the reverse side in white. Easy Peasy.

      Delete

Post a Comment