Please consider supporting me by using this Amazon referral link

Monday, February 11, 2013

New Contest OOBBO. Out of the Box Blast Off!


I'm starting another contest!

It's been a while since I've any sort of contest on my blog, so I figure it's time to have a little fun! 

I'm able to hold this contest thanks in part to the people that purchase items from Amazon through the links provided on my website. Hopefully that traffic will keep up so I can offer more prizes more often for more contests and giveaways!

I'm calling this contest OOBBO and that stands for Out of Box Blast Off! 
Like the name suggests this build off is for out of the box builds only! 

Why out of the box builds?

It should be pretty clear looking at my site that I have a very special place in my heart for clean out of the box kits!

Is there a prize?

Yes! 

Well what is it? 

It's a newer HG kit (or maybe something better). But I'm keeping it a surprise until later into the contest! You'll just have to enter if you want to win!

Who's eligible to enter?

Anyone who is currently following my blog, or follows my blog between now and the sign up deadline! To follow my blog simply click the 'join this site' in the upper right hand corner of my blog. You can sign up with a google, yahoo or twitter account!

Sign up for the contest by leaving a comment below using the same member account you used the join my blog. Participants that signup without following my blog will be disqualified I'm afraid!

When you leave a comment please include the name of the model you will be entering in the contest.  

Registration is due by Thursday February 28th.


What are the rules?

You can build any HG kit for this competition (this includes 1/00 HGs as well as 1/144).
Kits must be from a gundam series, no zoids/kotobukiya/frame arms/armored cores/etc!


  • Do's
    • Paint (custom schemes are totally okay!)
    • Decal (mix and match from other kits if you want)
    • Panel Line 
    • Seam Lines (putty is okay)
    • Weathering (painting or dry brushing)
  • Don'ts
    • Scribe pane lines
    • Pla-plate
    • Kitbash
    • Battle damage (damaging the plastic)
Basically you can do anything you want to the kit, so long as it doesn't change the underlying plastic.

I prefer that whatever kit you're entering into this contest, hasn't already been built and painted. I have no easy way to verify so you're on the honor system.

Submit three photos of your kit at least one needs to feature your kit with a notecard with the name you're entering under for verification.

All submission are due by Midnight April 21st.

You can submit your final photos to me at my email address.

I live outside of the US. Can I still participate?  

Sure you can! But you may need to pay for a portion of the shipping cost if you win.

How will my entry be judged?

I'll be judging your kits based on two criteria; which are the overall quality and cleanliness of your build. I will also take the quality and clarity of your photos into account (so make em fancy!)