Mini Update

This is just a little mini update. I haven't made a significant post in a while, but I have been hard at work. 

I'm currently working on a few commission projects & personal projects.

Commission Projects:


Project Limenanju

MG Sinanju OVA

This kit is going to receive a lime green paint scheme, with black and silver sleeve detail and a medium grey frame. This kit is currently about 70% assembled. I ordered some new Mr.Hobby and Alcad II paints. I already have a pack of ver. ka decals so I'll have some updates on this kit fairly soon.

 
Project Epyon

MG Epyon EW

I have been considering picking this kit up since it was announced, but never got around to it. Fortunately a client commissioned one! This commission is going to be a straight OOB build with a stock color scheme. I ordered a set of custom water slide decals for this guy. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'll start building him during the down time between painting the Limenanju.


Project Behemoth

PG Strike Freedom

I actually purchased one of these for myself in January of 2012, but I didn't keep it. Fortunately a client has commissioned one of these monsters. I'm not sure if this is Bandai's largest kit, or if the Dendrobium still holds that dubious honor. However This will be a very long and exciting build as the client has asked for a load additional panel lines and modification. I'm both excited and hesitant to take on this guy due to it's shear scale. Unfortunately this beast is on backorder through Model Grade. As soon as it's back in stock I'm going to pick one up!

Personal Projects:

 
Project Full Armor Banshee

MG Full Armor Unicorn. 

I started building up my MG FA Unicorn in preparation for NYCC and the GBWC. And then I came back to my goddamn senses when I realized how, large, unwieldy and unstable this kit is; and how difficult it would be to transport and setup. I'm sure it would be an impressive entry, but honestly I don't think it would be worth the hassle. This kit is 100% assembled and the psycho frame has been painted, however it's on the back burner for now. 



Project Repeat

MG GNX

I sold my original MG GNX for a pittance when I was desperately gathering funds to finance tutiton for graduate school. And ever since the sale I've missed it terribly. This kit was also originally intended for NYCC and GBWC, however because I'm basing my color scheme on Keita's Excellent GNX it wouldn't be right entering it as my own work. I've already started painting the frame, and I'm experimenting with applying a mixture of Higgin's violet ink and clear acrylic over silver for sensors.

My schedule for kits is looking pretty tight, but I'd really like to enter two kits into GBWC in October. At this rate I think I have my work cut out for me!

Comments