HG Zaku 2 Origin C5


Introduction:

What's better than an awesome Zaku model? How about a Zaku with a ton of weapons and some new interchangeable optional parts? It's no secret that I'm a fan of the Origin line of model kits. I find the simplicity, detail, and mod-ability of these designs to be extremely appealing.

One peculiarity of this kit is that the molded colors of this kit are far darker than the colors displayed on the box and in the manual. The molded colors look more like the darker 'real type' MSV Zaku than the animated lighter greens. This isn't really a bad thing, but it is surprising.

This was a 'relax and unwind' type of build after the Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon. These smaller, simpler HG models are a quick win, and help keep up my momentum during large projects. This kit will likely end up at my local shop sometime in January.

Kit Talk:

I started the build about a week ago. My goal for this project was to build a quick, clean, classically colored Zaku C5.

I opted to exclude the belt-fed machine gun for this build as I'm reserving it for a future project. All of the other weapons included with this kit are represented here. And unlike the Bugu, I opted to keep the scope on the large MS rifle.

This is the first build I have opted to use aurora type dome builder parts from HIQ for the lenses in the weapons and mono-eye. I'm not sure that I like it, but I've tried different techniques on each of these kits.

If you like my work and would like to help me out, consider purchasing this and other kits from Amazon using this link or others featured on my site. Every purchase helps me out considerably and it doesn't cost you a dime! 


 Photos:

























  

  






Comments