GoodGuyCollab: HG Sandrock Custom


Introduction:

A while ago I started kicking around an idea for a collaborative build project. I started telling patrons about the idea on the monthly live streams. And, after receiving some positive feedback I decided to move forward with the project. An open call for collaborators was made to current patrons at the beginning of the month, once I had submissions I made a selection and the kit was sent to me.

This kit was submitted to me by Patron Evan, Thanks Evan! If this sounds like a interesting idea, and you want to participate in future collabs you can sign up as a Patron at anytime! For now, I am planning to continue the GoodGuyCollab Project by accepting at least 4 more collaborations in 2018.

Kit Talk:

Unlike every other kit ever featured on this site, this kit was built entirely by someone else. As a matter of fact I only painted, panel lined and topcoated this build.

This kit arrived fully assembled and partially glued together. The starting condition determined the techniques used to complete the kit. Four of the main colors (white, blue, purple/grey and grey) were painted with an airbrush. The other colors (red and yellow) were hand painted. There definitely is a difference in the finish of the two paint techniques, however this is minimized once

Compared to the MG Sandrock released a few years ago, this kit definitely shows its age. It has massive seam lines everywhere, low detail, and limited articulation. The kit also looks strangely large and broad compared to what I recall of the MG. If you want a model of the Sandrock Gundam, avoid this one, treat yourself to the MG. 

If you like my work and would like to help me out, consider purchasing this and other kits from Amazon using this link or others featured on my site. Every purchase helps me out considerably and it doesn't cost you a dime!


Photos:

Because this kit is going back to Evan, I will not pose the kit for the photo shoot.


















Comments

  1. Wow! I'm kinda late on the comment here but I have to say this is really badass. My favorite Gundam and Gunpla Kit is the Sandrock. I saw your HG version of the Sandrock too, its also really cool. I envy your skills. I hope to get better at modeling and make my kits look as good as this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do a little bit every day and you'll get there.

      Delete

Post a Comment