Razor Crest


Introduction:


The first season of the Mandalorian TV show is my favorite piece of recent Star Wars media. I love the 'lived in' quality of the world and the equipment that inhabits it. The Razor Crest is a prime example of that world building and prop design. 

The Razor Crest is a 'ST-70 Assault Ship' a type of military patrol ship. But, it feels like an upgunned Ford Panel Van. I love that the hull looks like all of paint has been worn away, it looks greasy, battered and used far beyond it's intended lifespan and role.

Kit Talk:


This is a tiny little model and I finished building and painting it in about a day. I used this kit as a test case of Mr. Color's line of 'Super Metallic 2' paints. I picked out a few panels and masked on different metal colors. I also picked out the rims of the engines with a golden color. I shaded the exhausts to give it that 'burnt metal color'.

The yellow/orange striping on the sides of the hull was painstakingly masted on and then chipped off by hand. I chipped off too much of the paint on the one side, but I still like the overall appearance. 

This is a great little model if you want a quick and easy project. Pick one up on Amazon through my link to support my work.


Photos:
















Comments

Post a Comment