Guest-Blogging and Project Unicorn(s)!

Hey there guys, this is Appasionata and I will be guest-blogging on this blog for the duration of the next couple of projects.

Anyways, down to the juicy stuff. In tandem with GoodGuyDan's announcement of Project Sinanju, I've decided to launch Project Unicorn! Just a simple OOB painted build of the HGUC Unicorn and HGUC Banshee Destroy modes, involving a little part swapping between the 2 kits which will result in a (what I hope to be) an original-ish rendition of the Unicorn and Banshee. I will also be entering this project into Mecha Lounge's MECHA 2012 competition. Will be hard-pressed to get these done by the end of July thats for sure!

List of what you guys will (hopefully) see throughout the duration of this project
- Seamline Removal
- Bling-y metallics!
- A little post-shading (just on the psychoframes)
- Decalling
- Panel-line washing
- A little bit of masking

Some pics to put things into perspective!

The main ingredient in this dish


Some spices...


Some gatlings for them Unicorns...


Throw in a Bazooka for good measure...


And a hint of custom decals!
When we put all these together, I'm hoping for something grand to appear. I've had this idea in mind for a while now, and had intended to do it with the MG Unicorn and Banshee, but I feel that they are proportionally inferior to their HGUC counterparts, so I have modified the plan a little to fit the HGUC line better.

See you guys next update, where if things go according to plan, I'd have them ready for a test snap-fit!

Thanks for reading!

Comments