I'm back

I intended for this post to come out much earlier. But I've been having 'technical' issues; first with getting my ISP out to hook me up and second actually getting blogger to work on my other computer. (Google, Blogger, YouTube and a few other sites seem oddly slow).


I have a 'spare' bedroom in the apartment that I'm using both as a storage space and as a hobby space.

I gave up using my computer desk as a computer desk, and now it's completely dedicated to gunpla space.


The spray booth I picked up last year fits perfectly on this only IKEA desk. I laid out a large sheet of plastic over a spare chunk of carpet to protect the apartments carpet.


Actual storage space in the apartment is fairly minimal, but there is enough space to stash some kits away.

WIP

I've been busy playing catch up on my back log of commissions. The first kit I'm tackling is the  Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex.

The wild gold color is Gaianotes Star Bright Brass; it's a great vibrant color that couples well with the medium grey of the kit's frame.



Here's a side by side comparison of the molded 'gold' color next to the painted part. It's a night and day difference.



This kit requires a good bit of masking. The Armed Armor DE components of this kit are molded entirely in gold. Any grey you see is the result of careful masking.

Other



The HG Gouf Custom is the final kit I was going to enter into GBWC, but due to issues with my enamel paints making the plastic brittle and cracking in places I decided not to submit the kit.

Although it's close to being completed, the obvious cracks in the plastic are really discouraging and I don't have much interest in finishing it. The only items left on the kit are finishing the weather wash and applying a final matte coat.


New Home New Display




Comments