Meta update: hard driver failures and lost data.

It's official, all: of the photos, videos and design files (2 min reviews) I created over the last few years are unrecoverable after a hard drive failure. I had a lot of help from a friend in IT but ultimately the files we were able to recover were corrupt.

The good news is all of the content on the blog is recoverable and I have already backed it up. From your perspective viewing the blog there shouldn't be any changes whatsoever.  

The bad news is it's going to take a while to recreate some of the design files for the 2 min reviews and I had some stuff I would have liked to share, but won't be able to now.

From now on I have decided to back things up on three separate drives just in case something happens again. This was a hard and bitter pill to swallow, and I sincerely hope it's something I never have to experience again.

Comments