February 2017 WIP

It feels like it's been months since I last update the blog even though it's only been a few weeks. I've been traveling and working on other non-gunpla projects over. Despite not completing any kits during this time I have been busy!

I'm going to list my WIPS in the order that I will be completing them.

HG RGM 79 (G)

The "ground" GM is a great design and the new HG released last month is a fantastic kit. As you can see in the photos below the kit is nearly completed. I worked on the decal scheme today, I had some difficulty locating several sets of identical "07" decals.



I modified the geometry of the head a little bit my filing down part of the "mohawk" this left the front camera section a little bit higher.



MG Gelgoog 2.0

I can't show any photos for this kit on my blog due to the rules of the Playing with Plamo contest HLJ is hosting. However, you can see photos on my HLJ profile here. I still need to make a few more WIP posts per the contest rules so check back frequently.

My plan is to make a Anavel Gato Gelgoog custom (blue and green). As far as I am aware there hasn't been an official Gelgoog 2.0 kit with this scheme yet. I will be borrowing pieces from the original Gato's Gelgoog; that kit includes a high maneuverability backpack and a prototype long beam rifle. I'm already anticipating problems with the beam rifle due to the length of the stock and the shape of the handle.

HG Nobel Gundam

I'm not really sure what to call this custom design; maybe RX 78-2 ver. CosPLA. This kit has been on and off my work bench for the better part of 3 months as I've thought through the design and acquired donor kits. It has been a bit of a pain, the petite dimensions of the kit make finding compatible parts difficult.

At this point the design is still very rough. I'm not entirely sure how I will finish off the torso around the vents, but I am relatively satisfied with the other areas.


I've seen plenty of Nobel customs, but not that I really wanted to mimic. The Nobel gundam take a lot of inspiration from the classic RX 78-2 ver. ka design, most notably in the shoulders and skirt design. It seemed like a natural fit to push the Nobel in that direction.


The current beam rifle is from the RX 78-2 Revive and the shield is from a GM type C. I'll probably replace the beam rifle with the RG equivalent.


The backpack is from the EX-SD Rx 78-2. I cut off both verniers and the beam sabers so that I could add on better proportioned alternatives. I had to cut away from the hair to accommodate the extra width added by the backpack.


The yellow "butt bumbs" are from the RX 78-2 Revive too, they're definitely larger than the front bumps.

Comments