Real Grade Unicorn


Introduction:

When this kit was first released I had zero interest in picking one up for myself. Not because I thought it was a 'bad' kit; but because I felt (and still feel) like I'm done with the Unicorn design. Despite this I did end up purchasing one for myself. And, I'm glad that I did give this kit a shot.

In all likelihood I think this version of the Unicorn has made the HG and MG models obsolete. This version of the Unicorn features the stability of the HG, but includes the transformation of the MG and the armor detail of the PG. This version of the Unicorn is real triumph of engineering and should be on any 'must build' list.

Except for the action base connector; that piece of shit is responsible for the kit falling off the stand and breaking horn twice.

Kit talk:

This was a straight forward build with a few small modifications to the paint process. I'll cover this material in more detail in a youtube video later this week. I downplayed the contrasting white and light grey colors of the armor and offset the bright whites of the kit with a darker navy backpack and feet.



I purposely left the psychoframe components glossy to further contrast the against the flat armor.

Decals were take from both the RG and Ver. Ka decal sets, with an emphasis on the Ver. Ka decal scheme.

If you like my work and would like to help me out, consider purchasing this and other kits from Amazon using this link or others featured on my site. Every purchase helps me out considerably and it doesn't cost you a dime!

Photos:

Unicorn Mode:

My preferred mode. The pure monotonous white makes the mobile suit appear monolithic like a statue, only broken up by the faint red decals.
























Destroy Mode:

When you absolutely, positively, must tear a new type a new psycommu...


















Side by Side & Action Shots


The HG definitely feels like the 'smaller, whimper brother' when posed up alongside the RG.


Once in Destroy mode, these two RGs are about the same size; but the Unicorn is the better kit by a country mile.



The beam saber was painted with a mix of clear red and pearl paints with some white shading towards the base.








 The RG is slightly too heavy for the Unicorn Head Display. 

Comments