GoodGuyCollab: HG Hyaku Shiki HIAC


Introduction:

This is the third kit that I have completed as a part of the GoodGuyCollab. The GGC is a collaborative project that I offer to my patrons on Patreon. I periodically put out an open call for kit submissions. This round of the collab I had three submissions, an HG Leo, HG Gundam Unicorn Crystal, and this HG Hyaku Shiki Revive.

The 'HiaC' part of the name references the sloppy translation 'He is a Char' form the Zeta Gundam anime.

I had been eyeing the Hyaku Shiki Revive for a while, and I already had a good color scheme idea in mind, so this round was a no-brain.

The owner of this kit Rudolf completed the build, seam line fusion and basic modification before it reached me. All in, he did a pretty good job. I will have a YouTube video up shortly offer some constructive criticism to the builder.

Kit Talk:

There isn't much to say about the build, as I didn't build it. I did however paint and decal this build.

I based the color scheme for this kit off of both the Zero Shiki and Char's classic color scheme. I think it fits the design well. The pink is a mix of Gundam Color 'Char Pink' and Gundam Color 'Sazabi Red'. The darker red components are Gundam Color 'Sazabi Red' and the grey frame is Gundam Color 'Zeon Grey'. I hand-painted some details on the head, and weapons gray for added details.

The decals for this scheme are taken mostly from the Zeta and Double Zeta and RG Char Zaku decal sets. I debated throwing the class Char A onto the shoulder, but ultimately I opted to include it.

If you like my content, and you'd like to show your support, you can purchase this kit, or anything else through the Amazon links on my site. It doesn't cost you a dime, but it helps me tremendously!


Photo Shoot:

Don't expect too many photos. This kit doesn't belong to me, and I do not want to damage it by posing it.






















Comments