Mechatro We Go! Leaf & Tech


Introduction:

Quick shoutout before we get too far in. The friendly folks over at TurboDork sent me a whole slew of new colors to try out including six of their new pastel metallic colors, two of their crazy 'Turboshift' colors, and two of their brand new 'Zenishift' paints. All of these new paints are going to be available starting on November 24th 2020. If you're looking for some wild new colors I highly recommend checking them out!


These cute will chipmunk jelly beans are my very first Mechatro We Go kits. And, what they lack in stability and pose-ability they more than makeup for in their expressiveness! Tech and Leaf have a bit of a different design than the rest of the Mechatro We Go line, and I absolutely love it!  


Kit Talk:

The kits themselves are very simple, mostly hollow, and are made of about 40 parts or less, so assembly was a breeze. But, getting the eye lenses into the head was a real nightmare!

Following the directions for TurboDork's Maguro and Yuzu paint I base coated those parts with a gloss white, then after that dried, I applied several thin layers of the pastel metallic paint until I had a nice even coat. I finished those parts off with a gloss varnish to enhance the shine and add a layer of protection. 

The white black and gunmetal were painted with my usual lacquer paints. The idea was to add some contrast using the duller black, white, and metal to the bubbly & bright liquid candy-colors of Yuzu and Maguro.  

If you're looking to spice up your paint rack I wholeheartedly recommend checking out TurboDork. They have a wide variety of very vivid colors and you can't get anywhere else!

Photos:














Up High!


Down Low!


Too Slow!


Rawr!





Comments