Weekend WIP


It's been a while since I've done any project updates. I've been pretty busy the last few weeks working on commissions, getting stuff ready for GBWC and contending with unfriendly weather.



Commission WIP


The EX commission project is really starting to come together nicely.



The Skygrapser is 99% painted (except for the canopy), I'll start decaling it this week.


 

The EX Minerva is working out well too. I was very nervous about this kit due to the amount of masking necessary. But it hasn't been too bad so far. I mixed up a custom red for the Minerva, it's a scarlet or blood red, instead of my typical bright red. The color is a bit washed out in the photo, but it's very rich in person.




Like the Eternal and Moebius Zero, I ringed the thrusters in silver to highlight the detail.
 

 The Eternal is now 100% done. I didn't update any additional photos since the last shoot though. (Really the only thing that's changed is the METEOR units are now completely painted.



 I also assembled the Arch Angel this week. I was Surprised by the sheer size of this one! It's slightly longer than the MG Sinanju is tall!



There's quite a bit of detail molded into this kit. 


There were a lot of seam lines too. I cleaned them up on the cones, positron cannons, fins, wings and in a dozen other areas.  


GBWC

I will be at New York Comicon this year with several (non-gunpla) friends. I'll also be enterting the Gundam Builder's World Cup.

I will be entering three kits:

MG Unicorn:




HG Sinanju (from the start to finish series)




 MG ??? (I just completed this one last week, I'm saving it as a surprise!)


If you're going to be at NYCC  send me an email/leave a comment/telegram/smoke signals it would really cool to meet some fellow gunpla-ers!

Comments