PG Exia Gundam

Introduction:

PG kits always feel like a 'special event' to me. I need a special reason to start one, otherwise, it feels like I'm 'cheating' on the rest of my backlog. I started the PG Exia right around the time people started working remotely during COVID. It sat for a long while in pieces, and I only buckled down to paint it just before I started my new job over a year ago. 

Kit talk:

I don't really bother to mod PG kits very much aside from re-scribing a few panel lines. I tweaked the color palette with a custom mixed light grey, electric blue, and pink. Early into the paint job I decided to push more metallic colors into the frame, I like how those small metallic areas create points of interest that keep your eye moving around the design.

I also supplemented the decal design of the kit using a variety of markings from a few different Kotobukia decal sets. I like the character and realism the additional markings bring to the design. 








































Comments

  1. This is impeccable work! Hello, I have a few quick questions to ask you, did you use paint to recolor your Gundam or just use matte paint to make him look textured, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fully painted kit. I describe what I did in the content of the post.

      Delete

Post a Comment