MG Build Strike Noir


Introduction:

This is a fun little project I dreamed up after acquiring an MG Build Strike last year. This project ran into a few snags, which I'll talk about a little bit later.

In my head, I came up with a little story about Sei Iori building a few variations of the strike using the spare parts from the Build Strike. He would use these variants for exhibitions or friendly Gunpla Battle matches. The type of matches that you wouldn't want to bring your prized fighter to absolutely decimate your opponents (that's just poor form!). The Build Strike Noir, is a great exhibition fighter, it has a ton of different weapons and equipment, and the design is well-balanced, agile, and powerful. It's the type of design that would put on a great show for a crowd, even if it doesn't have the raw power of Star Build's RG system. 

Kit Talk:

The Build Strike works remarkably well as the base for the Strike Noir. The designs have similar silhouettes, and the striker packs are compatible with both designs:  


Let's talk about where I screwed up. This is a pretty basic mistake, something I should have been prepared and aware of. I received and started building/painting the Build Strike part of the project months ahead of the Noir part. By the time I came back around to the Noir pack, I lost track of the grey I had used for the main armor color which explains the mismatched grey tones. Decals are from Delpi decals sets for the Build Strike and Strike Noir. 

















  

Comments