MG Banshee WIP

Project Banshee Update

I just finished painting the first few Banshee Blue parts. I wasn't 100% happy with the way the color originally sprayed on. So I went back to the mix and added an additional 10-15% black to darken things up. I'm very happy with the color now. It contrast nicely with the orange, gold and grey. 


The gold really shines on a dark background. 



 Hit the bump for more photos!




I'm really liking the color. I may reuse it on the upcoming Nu, unless I go with the Hi-Nu color scheme.



The color still contrasts with the black. I didn't want to go so dark that it would have the same value as the black.



Here's a painted part next to a unpainted part. As you can see my Banshee blue is a bit darker and more menacing. 



Three decal sets should be enough for the Banshee and Full Armor Banshee. I've decided to do the OVA up as 'Marida's version' and the Full Armor version will be 'Ridde's machine' complete with the R008 markings. 

For the first time today I realized that the GR markings stand for the "General Revel". I assumed it stood for Garuda (well it kinda was it's mother ship for an episode) or (less likely) Garancieres.

Comments

  1. Color on the armor is beautiful Dan. Looking great and I cant wait till the decals hit this thing! Clean work as always friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harry! I have more time to work on the model now. Hopefully I can finish the paint over the weekend!.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Decay! That means a lot coming from someone as talented as you!

      Delete
  3. hello dan! i want to ask about those golden banshe decals, where did you get that golden decals? thanks before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The decals came with the special limited release ver. ka Banshee. But Bandai also sold them separately for a while. You may not be able to find them now though. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Scratch that, you can still get them through Gentei!

      http://www.genteikits.com/decals/gd-unicorngold

      Delete

Post a Comment