2018 State of the blog, updates, plans, projects, etc


Intro:

Four months into the year seems like a perfect time to start talking about my direction for 2018, right? As the blog rapidly approaches its sixth anniversary at the end of April, I can't help but look back on all that I've accomplished without some measure of pride. Here we are years later, over 125 kits completed and I'm still at it. Among all of the hobbies, activities, sports, music, etc that I've pursued over the years; Gunpla/Plamo is the one that I have followed the longest and with the most vigor.

New Social Media:

Many of you may not be aware that I've started branching out into other forms of social media over the last few months.

If you want to see more regular small quippy content you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram.

I've also taught myself enough about video editing in the last year that I'm no longer embarrassed to share content through my YouTube channel. I have also started live streaming on most Fridays around 7PM EST.

And finally I have started creating exclusive content for my Patrons over on Patreon. I've really enjoyed creating logos and other Gundam themed graphics for my Patrons. 

The Blog:

It feels like it's been a very long while since I've created worthwhile content for the blog. It's not a good feeling. It's like a nagging sense of guilt; like I've abandoned something I care about...

I knew when I decided to take on four supersized projects back to back, that the blog would suffer as a result. But, I never expected to see the the viewership drop off quite like it has. Now, as I near finishing the second of the four projects, I can't help but feel that I've somehow made a mistake.

The question I now need to ask myself is, 'where do I go from here?'. And truth be told; I'm not really sure. Without a doubt I'll still be creating new things, but I may take a break from the larger projects for a while. I feel like I need some smaller projects to catch my breath and replenish some of that creative energy.

The Future... future... future...:

I feel like now is the time for me to refocus on the core projects that help to define my work on Social Media/Blog/YouTube. I have project ideas percolating in my brain that I will be focusing more time into. I have started accepting commissions in a more open capacity through Patreon. More information available here. And, I've already received my first new commission, and it's already well underway. New tutorials are also coming, maybe more... only time will tell.

A big thank you is due to everyone that checks out my content on a regular basis. You guys and gals are the best. I couldn't be luckier to have you.

Comments