MG Wing Gundam TV Version


Introduction:

Like a lot of builders in my age bracket, Gundam Wing on Toonami in the early 2000s was my introduction to the series. So, of course, I'm going to have a bit of an attachment to the titular mobile suit from that series.

No this isn't a repost, although some of you may remember that I painted an MG Wing Gundam back in 2013. Like most kits I sell, I ended up missing having the Wing around in my cabinet, so I decided to paint a replacement. 

The MG Gundam Wing (TV Version) is a wonderful kit that I think a lot of builders overlook for the 'cooler' Katoki designed EW models. Don't pass this one up, it's a phenomenal kit with a great inner frame and it's super stable for a transformable mobile suit.


Kit Talk:

Unlike the kit I made in 2013, I took my time and spiffed the kit up a bit by; fixing a few seamlines, hand painting a few details with Vallejo, and adding extra panel lining on the head, legs, and waist. Nothing too crazy, just enough so that the panel lining wash could fill in around some of the details.  

Colors: (Gaianotes)

White: Pure White
Blue: Ultra Blue
Red: Bright Red
Yellow: Sunshine Yellow/Orange Yellow
Gray: Neutral Gray #4
Metal: Gunmetal
Sensors: Clear Green/Fluorescent Green/Silver

The decal set for this kit was an official set from Bandai, it's nothing too fancy, but it has a bit of that Katoki Style a lot of us like. 

Photos:










 
















Comments

  1. Awesome work as always! Can you talk about your technique on the green sensors? They're really fantastic - the one on the chest almost looks like it's glowing. Is it Silver > F. Green > C. Green? Was that airbrushed or hand painted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bottle of premixed 'sensor color' that I made. It's a mixture of silver, clear green and fluorescent green. I simply apply a few coats of that by airbrush.

      Delete

Post a Comment