1/72 A Wing Star Fighter


Introduction:

Unlike the classic X-Wing the A-Wing receives preciously little screen time throughout the Star Wars films. The A wing relies on mobility and speed to maintain an edge in battle; the slim fuselage and large engines reinforce this idea. 

This might be a controversial opinion, but I think weathering builds are much easier and quicker then clean built kits. There's way more room for error, and many mistakes that might ruin a clean build kit can add to the appearance of a weathered design.

Kit Talk:

I purchased this kit as a warm up for the PG Millennium Falcon. I wanted a quick project to practice weathering, pre-shading and many of the other skills needed to create the believable worn appearance that is iconic of many of the great Star Wars designs. 

The body was pre-shaded with black or navy blue depending on the main color. I also used a melamine foam sponge to very lightly buff and sand the top color. Weathering wash, dry brushing, powdered weathering media and other techniques were used to make the design appear worn. I didn't push the weathering on the design as far as on the X-wing, but it still has a seasoned appearance.

The small size of this kit only required about 12 hours from unwrapping the kit to taking the photos.
 
Show your support by purchasing this or other things through the Amazon affiliate ads sprinkled throughout my site. Each purchase that you make using these links helps me to purchase new kits and materials. This doesn't cost you a dime, but it helps me out immensely! 

 Photos:






There are two clear lenses buried in the back of the engines, perfect for LEDs if you're into that sort of thing.









I broke and glued the front landing strut back on. You can tell that it's slightly out of alignment.





The pilot was hand painted with vallejo paints.



I should have spent more time painting the gauges.


This kit also includes a Death Star turbo laser tower.




Unlike the other Star Wars star fighters I have built, this kit does not include an option for a cockpit without glass.















If Bandai releases a B-Wing I'll be satisfied with my rebel star fighter collection




Comments