RMS-117 Galbaldy β Collab Project


Introduction:

I am happy to say that this is my third completed patron collaboration for 2019. If you would like to participate in future collaborative projects please consider signing up to support me over on patreon.com! I have one more collab planned before the year is done. I hope that you will join us for the next round!

My patron Sebastian submitted his Glabaldy for this round of the collab. I've wanted to paint up a Galbaldy since the HG was announced, but I never quite got around to picking one up. Sebastian had very clearly put a lot of effort into his kit. He used panel line scribing to hide seam lines, and photo etched parts to add detail. All in, he put a lot of effort into his build and it was a blast to work on! Thanks Sebastian!

Kit Talk:

When this kit arrived I still didn't have a strong concept in mind. However, I've always thought that the Galbaldy looked a lot like Zeon's Gelgoog. From there the scheme developed. I really like the combination of green colors I mixed up for the kit. It gives the Galbaldy a striking 'army man' feel. The separation of colors suits the design of the mobile suit as well. After airbrushing the primary colors I hand painted Vallejo's 'Phantom Gray' into a few areas on the body.

The kit arrived with out the 'belly button' hatch, I made a replacement from Koto MSG parts I had around. I also added a HIQ dome after painting it red to make the head 'pop'. Decals came for a 1/144 HIQ marking set, with the exception of the Neo Zeon emblem on the rear skirt. I wanted the completed mech to look like Neo Zeon had 'acquired' this MS after the Gryps Conflict.

I am happy to say that this is my third completed patron collaboration for 2019. If you would like to participate in future collaborative projects please consider signing up to support me over on patreon.com!




Photos:

























Comments