Please consider supporting me by using this Amazon referral link

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Astray Bro Build Paint Testing





Justin has been hard at work testing out his paints and pre-shading combination. I have also decided to give pre-shading a whirl,  but I'm not entirely in love with the pre-shaded look.

Here are some test pieces using various paint colors for the shading:

Medium Grey:


Bright Red:


Black:


Here's something neat I did with a candy paint. I used silver as the base and gunmetal for shading. Then I covered the entire piece with several layers of transparent red.


The Medium Grey shaded piece is my favorite, but it's also the most subtle of the three white shaded parts. I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of pre-shading; only time will tell if I start to incorporate the style into my kits.