Please consider supporting me by using this Amazon referral link

Monday, April 22, 2013

Multi-project WIP

I usually end up working on multiple kits simultaneously. The nice part about having multiple WIPs is that I have more pictures to share.

HG Banshee Clear ver.

This is a commission I'm currently working on for a client.

The goal is to just keep the kit extremely clean and unpainted. (Not an easy feat considering how easily clear  plastic stresses and scratches!)

Here's how most of the pieces looked after I cleaned the nubs and stress marks.
 

After some scratch removal and decal here's how the kit looks.







If there are any scratches left on the kit, I can't find them.

RG Zeta

This is an on going project kit that I received from my buddy Justin. I've moved onto applying decals, panel lining and detailed painting. Unfortunately I also broken the 'head jewel' despite my best efforts to repair it, the part will need to be replaced.


MG Red Frame

After seeing Justin's latest progress video I decided I had better start painting. I'm starting with the red parts, because they make up the bulk of the paint work on the kit.

I applied a layer of clear red over a base coat of titanium. the light gold touch of the titanium adds additional depth to the red. I'm very happy with the color thus far. The red appears much richer than the similar red treatment I applied to the HG and MG Sinanjus.